Thursday 20 February 2014

On hope.


Today, I am filled with hope.

I am hopeful for our one-day babies, whether they grow in me or another woman.

I am hopeful for my babies now- the ones I teach so much more than just English.

I am hopeful for our friends back home- whatever stage of life they're in. The ones who are married and childless, the new moms and dads, the students, the 'I'm still figuring out what I'm doing with my life' and the 'I've got this' ones.

I am hopeful that when our time comes to leave Taiwan I will feel peace, and not dissolve into a blubbering mess on the plane.

I am hopeful that when we return we will KNOW what to do. God was so clear about us moving here, I pray He'll be just as clear when we return.

I am hopeful that the things we learned here are shaping us into the people God wants us to be.

I am hopeful that my coworkers and students see me as someone to aspire to, not someone who REALLY needs to sort out her priorities.

I am hopeful my kids see the fruits of the spirit in me. (Side note: One of my coworkers told me he wants his students to learn English, but also be the kind of people who let others get off the elevator first. It made me think about what I'm teaching my kids, how I'm shaping them, and what kind of people they will be. I hope they're kind, and patient, and helpful and kind (yes, it needs to be in there twice) and the kind of people with integrity.)

I am hopeful the words I write and the photos I take inspire others,  not bring them down.

And I am hopeful the choices I make today have positive effects on my tomorrow.


What are you hopeful for or about??


PS. It kinda looks like we're trying to hug you!!

(One of the benefits of having a heavy camera- it sometimes takes two people to take the photo!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment