Tuesday 3 June 2014

On Monkeys and Mountains




When Dave and I moved to Taiwan, we made a (rather short) list of things we wanted to see. On that list was Monkey Mountain in Kaohsiung. Little did we know there was one just outside Tainan city!

The Wushan Taiwan Macaque Natural Reserve is called "Houzihshan" (Monkey Mountain) or Wufonshan (Five-Peak Mountain), and is between Tainan and Kaohsiung City. Apparently there are over 200 macaque monkeys on the mountain- we saw tons of babies so I believe it! 


Right before we saw the monkeys!


(A quick side note: My favourite toy as a kid was a stuffed monkey named Peanut. He was a baby shower gift and went everywhere with me. He looks a little like this little cutie above, only slightly more loved-on.)



Look at those eyes! (And I don't just mean the catchlights and yummy bokeh behind!!)


The sun was just setting- the bus were out (I counted 15 bites on my legs the next day), but the light was gorgeous! I may not be shooting weddings right now, but I'm still a sucker for golden hour light!!


I didn't touch it, I promise!!



Monkey see, monkey do?



AHH!!! This is the first baby we saw!


                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment