Saturday 2 August 2014

On Haweater Weekend, a world away

A year ago these amazing people (I'm sure you're pretty familiar with their faces by now!) came to visit us in my favourite home. Sometimes the twelve hour difference is bigger than we think. While we miss our friends and our families back home, we also miss some of favourite places that are just as familiar to us as our loved ones' faces. To us, they're almost like another friend.

 Even though I had to work, we managed to squeeze in as much time as possible together- hiking, eating (EVERY meal was a smorgasbord- we just threw everything we had on the table and ate what we wanted. Honestly, probably the funnest meals I've ever eaten!!), touring some of our favourite spots on the Island and taking in the annual Haweater fireworks. Plus, we got to sneak in a sweet couples's shoot! There are few things more fun that watching your best friends goof off with each other and being able to photograph that much love for them (and, in some cases, encourage or suggest some of the shenanigans!)

Now, one year later they're just over a month away from meeting their new baby!!

(Rather than separating our couple's shoot (because we shot at a few different locations) from our 'fun' photos I've left them together because it tells a better story!!)




Hi-ya!



The boys contemplate a giant game of chess while the girls pick out snacks!



Best way to eat. Seriously.


My amazing grandmother lent us her equally amazing cottage for the weekend. Thanks Grammie Marty!!


Where I really wanted to eat my pie.


I have no idea. Ty turned into a velociraptor?


Don't worry, he didn't actually knock her to the ground!





Always, always, always. When Ty and Dave take photos together their antics are even worse...







I love these two.
















Well, at least we know who the bravest of us is. The next photo makes my feet hurt just looking at it...



Ty's ring is so strong it can break rocks!



Hands down my absolute FAV.



Throwing rocks into the quarry...


Haweater fireworks!!







So lovely, and then....


Every time.


At least they love eachother.


Oh, hi.







We love the falls.


No comments:

Post a Comment