Wednesday 10 September 2014

August Recap



How long we’ve been here: 309 days or 10 months, 5 days. Less than two months away from our one-year anniversary!!

Favourite thing to eat:
Dave:  BBQ unagi. (Steph’s note: Anyone thinking of that episode of Friends now?!) I had the chance to clean, portion, and grill fresh-caught eel.
Steph: Turns out I LIKE SOME FISH!! Mostly the mild stuff, but I’ve gone back for seconds (thirds, even!) on some fish dishes I’ve eaten lately. Yay for not hating fish anymore!!!

Favourite place you’ve visited/ Favourite thing you’ve done:
River tracing!!! You can check out the full blog post here.

Greatest accomplishment/ Coolest thing this month:
Can we say river tracing again? We both jumped off a waterfall!! (seriously, read the post. It was an amaaaaaazing experience!!!)

Thing you’re looking forward to most:
Dave: Australia trip is coming so soon!! As we’re typing this I keep thinking of how we still need to buy tickets and rent a hostel room and ect. ect. ect.
Steph: 10/10- I don’t know what we’re celebrating yet (I’ll look it up!) but Dave and I are headed to Kenting on the October 10th holiday weekend with some friends. I can’t wait!!

Easiest thing to get used to:
Dave:  I cooked chicken parm in the toaster oven!!
Steph: Biking in the heat? Apparently I’m nuts for doing it, but while it is HOT and sweaty and gross, I didn’t realize I missed cycling so much!

Something you’re grateful for:
Dave: Taiwan scenery!
Steph: I have one more row to finish on my afghan and I’m finished!! I started it when I got here, and almost a year later it’s just about ready to snuggle under!

What you’ll miss the most:
Dave: Getting stuck in a rainstorm is like nothing else- when it rains is literally pours here. You can get soaked in a matter of minutes on your way home.

Steph: My kids. My kindy students absolutely make all the frustrations and tears and hardships when teaching worthwhile. It sounds so cheesy, but I often go in to see their smiles or get a hug when I’m having a rough day before my upper-level classes. It works!!



21 inches of water in 15 minutes. Dave had to put his feet down and practically paddle through some of it. Needless to say things started shutting down all over town...


While Dave was at work, I was cuddling with this cutie!!






Night market. We got POURED on!! So, of course, we took shelter under a vendor's tent and snapped a selfie!


RIVER TRACING!!!!









A lovely date to the day market... green onion pancakes!!




I looove these little cakes. They're fried and filled with yummy creamy filling. This one is bubble milk tea (my favourite 'treat' drink!) 


Beach day!! (err... afternoon?) We didn't want to leave!!




And then I found these stunning little barnacles. I found a couple big empty ones that had fallen off and brought them home. I loooove sea shells and stones!!


And a stunning sunset to finish off the day.


I finished my shorts!! They're super-comfy and super-cute!! Seeing as the night is often still in the high 20's, they're the perfect little pair of sleep shorts!!


Sometimes we get to see some pretty incredible sunsets from our apartment!



Dave found a new park to walk through...




Amanda took me to this sweet little place called the 'Yellow Bee.' All the burgers come with gloves so you can assemble them yourselves.


I was a little unsure about the gloves, though.


But I gave them a shot anyways... for one bite, at least!



No comments:

Post a Comment