Saturday 8 August 2015

May Recap


Quick update.
-it's Spring!
-the Farmer's Market opened
-Dave's sister and her family came to visit
-we said goodbye to Bryan and Jenn Windle (they're moving to St. Joe's)
-we celebrated Dave's birthday

Part 1. 
Next post: On when these three weirdos the Francises came to stay with us...


That ice and snow is receding!!


Mother's Day at the flower nursery. A family tradition!


This poor, beautiful, old dilapidated piano we found at the dump!
(No, I didn't bring it home, nor strip anything else from it!)




My brother made a chair and, after much convincing I did take a quick seat in it. 


SPRIIIIIIING!!


Grandma's (and now Mom's) tulips. I LOVE the fact that dad and I grew up in the same house!!


Imagine, if your were Thumbelina, you could pretty much fit in one of those.


First Gore Bay Farmer's Market. I'll have to post a picture of it a few weeks/ months later- there's such a difference!












AH! A tiger in the grass!




The lace is deceiving. Her eyes, not so much.


He loooved having his chin scratched. Mom was too interested in the grain to care!


Oh yes, we have such big, terrifying bulls here.


But sometimes naughty ones that escape, only to be followed by their momma and best buddy!




Grandpa's oasis.


Showing me where he grafted the tree.





I cannot for the life of me remember what breed this is. I call them 'Elvis chickens!!!'




And yes, while our tomcats are excellent mousers, they're also total sucks. ;)





It's melting!!


Right around Mother's Day, and the first time we had company over at our apt!


SOME of the construction (I say some, because it's STILL GOING)



Dave, hard at work.



Oh, misty eye of the mountain bluff below...


The ROCK farewell party for Bryan and Jenn. :(




Alumni


So eerie!



Not my laundry. But he wanted to help!


He found my turtle, and wanted one of his own.


Let me in!


Please?


Mom's stamps.



Rhubarb with the cat. (Not to be confused with Roobarb, the old show I used to watch!)


Out for walk.


And making new friends!


Annnnnd Kyle found a new instrument. Yikes!


Robert and Edyta helped surprise Dave at work with blueberry dessert perogies! 


Yay! Sparklers for his birthday party!


No comments:

Post a Comment