Tuesday 19 May 2015

March Recap (Part I)



Yeah, you read that right. Part ONE.  Our last few days in Taiwan up to our first glimpse of Canada.


Dave and I went out for breakfast at Bus-7 before our last church service. Mmmm chocolate milk tea!




And walked the alley.


And squeezed Dave into the narrow door. Naturally, the paparazzi had to snap pictures of a giant white guy in such a tiny space.



Taiwan doesn't have fall like the west does. Because the leaves don't get a chance to fall and the tree to hibernate, the trees can only produce either flowers or leaves, or so I'm told. At least there's nothing in the way of the beautiful flowers!


Packing, about phase 2. A few days before we left. And yes, I made it all fit!



The Shaos treated us to one last hot pot meal!



I have never seen those mountains before. It's as if I needed to see them once before I left for good.



Saying goodbye to my sweet coworkers was hard.


Harder still, to my littles.


I ran around giving them hugs and kissed THREE times. I think each time was slightly harder, but I ended the day dry-eyed, even when dear, sweet, trying little Ajax came all the way to my upper-level class with his dad to say goodbye one more time. Nearly broke my heart in front of a bunch of teens. ;)


Bella, Mia and Demi. Bella taught my five-year olds, Mia and Demi my three-year olds.


With Debbie, our branch manager.

(Also, Bella just had her baby this week!!)


Tony and Joel.


Amanda and Andy. (Andy was pretty much in charge of us NSTs (Native Speaking Teachers. Basically he was our manager.)


Tim and Sakina.


Dane and Indigo.


Joyce, her husband Frank and their son Shauhausen.







Every week I wrote messages to the parents. Once in awhile they wrote me back!


Our final goodbye. 






Amanda's sweet farewell.



And then we were off! Luggage packed, goodbyes said, and ready to come home!!





Bye-bye Taiwan!!


Totally crochet in my bag.






Soaking up the mountains of Hong Kong.



Frost on the window.


And our first glimpse of snow in over a year.



A little concerned.


And excited!



Phew! We made it!

Stay tuned for Part II- our first few weeks in Canada!!

No comments:

Post a Comment